We are passionate about quality and the environment. Protecting the environment and enhancing the lives of those within it are core values of Askam Civil Engineering. We are accredited to BS EN ISO 14001:2004 having first achieved the accreditation in September 2005.
We are conscious that every aspect of the construction process, from head office to site operations and the actions of its people, has an effect on the environment that we operate.
Our aim is to reduce our environmental impact by:
- Reducing our carbon footprint of business operations and on all projects.
- Minimising waste through reducing, reusing and recycling.
- Reducing our energy consumption.
- Procuring sustainable materials.
- Employing local labour.
- Monitoring our environmental performance and that of key suppliers and contractors. Providing environmental awareness training for all members of the company.
We ensure that our Environmental Policy is understood, implemented and monitored throughout all areas of the organisation. This is maintained through a structured programme of training and review with emphasis on continual improvement and enhancement.
By value engineering we look to provide alternative and innovative ideas to reduce the environmental impact of our schemes.
Processes in place to support this include:
- Aspects and Identification Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental Control Procedures
- Sustainable development control plan
- Waste Management Plan
- Recycling Procedures
- Pollution Prevention Control
- Training for all site operatives.
- Carbon Calculations
The company aims to be a market leader in the fields of reduction of environmental damage and pollution programmes.