Industry leading quality is assured on all of our civil engineering projects. We are BS EN ISO 9001:2008 registered and operate a quality management system in accordance with this standard. Each of our projects has a bespoke quality plan and a specific test and inspection plan, ensuring that every aspect of the works are subject to rigorous quality control.
Each area of the business has documented procedures, forms and checklists that are completed for all tasks and are audited on a regular basis to comply with legislation.
To ensure high quality service throughout the life of the project, we manage all projects following our developed contract procedures, including the following:
- Strategic meetings at key project stages will be agreed from the outset of a project.
- Programmes of works are drafted, discussed and agreed with all parties.
- Our buying department receive fully documented material schedules and orders are placed with agreed delivery dates to coincide with our programme of works.
- Test and inspection sheets are used as a monitoring tool for quality of delivery for all quality critical operations.
- Weekly site meetings are held with subcontractors to track progress whilst on site, to discuss the safe methods of working to identify and manage any potential hazards and associated risks.
- Technical query sheets are used to establish and resolve problems where unforeseen works arise.
- Regular progress meetings are held with the Design Team, Client and End Users, so that any issues that arise are dealt with immediately.
- Completion schedules and programmes are developed to use as a tool to ensure exact delivery of the project, on time, in budget and with zero defects.
To ensure our standard of quality is implemented and maintained throughout the business, objectives are communicated to all employees, and training is given where necessary to keep our staff knowledgeable, and give them the right attitude for the job. This all helps in the success and growth of our company. We believe that civil engineering starts with building people, and as such develops its workforce through training, apprenticeships, further study and career progression.